What to do in the recruiting process based on your year in school
Softball Recruiting Tips for Freshman Year
- Research 2-3 schools each week and create a list of 100 prospective schools.
- Fill out all questionnaires received in the mail.
- Educate yourself about recruiting rules and academic eligibility guidelines.
- Focus on improving skills over the summer with camps/clinics.
Softball Recruiting Tips for Sophomore Year
- Make unofficial visits to local schools, as to become comfortable with the process.
- Continue to fill out questionnaires and build relationships with coaches.
- Film your highlight/skills video and get it evaluated.
- Make unofficial visits to schools on your list.
Softball Recruiting Tips for Junior Year
- Be proactive and follow up with coaches you have contacted. Ask coaches where you stand on their recruiting list.
- Consider verbally committing only if perfectly comfortable with the school and scholarship offer.
- Continue to fill out questionnaires and make unofficial visits.
Softball Recruiting Tips for Senior Year
- Make official visits.
- Follow up with coaches and respond in a TIMELY manner.
- Apply for financial aid and fill out school applications.
- Commit and/or sign your scholarship papers.